Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Just a hypothetical ???

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Yoda14me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2002
    Posts
    328
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Reading AJ's question on the BBS that has died yet again made me think of one...

    Say Darren was gravely ill and needed an organ transplant (heaven forbid if this was ever to happen) would you get tested to see if you could donate say a kidney or piece of your liver or whatever it was he needed (if it was one you could donate, nothing like your heart of course)???

    Would you? [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 08, 2002 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Yoda14me ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member DarrensAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,540
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nope family come first. That would probably be a long line to get into.

  3. #3
    Lainbrain
    Guest Lainbrain's Avatar

    Post

    yes I would.
    I would do it for any body that I knew and they needed it to survive.

    But really the odds of a match are very slim. One of my husbands business partners daughter had a rare blood disorder and we all did a test for a match but in the end there wasn't a match anywhere. she still is looking. and they tested 10 of thousands of people.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Yoda14me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2002
    Posts
    328
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know what I would do....

    I have this fear like if I was to do something like that, what if something happened to the one organ I had left..what would I do then.

    If it was a family member I would without a second though, but for someone I had never met I don't know...if I was going to do it for a stranger, Darren would probably be the only one I would...

    It just stopped and made me think. I asked my husband once if I need a kidney or something and he could give me one would he..he said no...*frown* nice huh?

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Lady_Ilona's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2002
    Posts
    1,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think I would..cause if I gave something away and then one of my family memeber got sick or something I 'd just feel really bad..

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Lady_Ilona's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2002
    Posts
    1,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It just stopped and made me think. I asked my husband once if I need a kidney or something and he could give me one would he..he said no...*frown* nice huh?
    ****

    I'm sure if was really happening he would..atleast I hope so.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    salomeuk
    Guest salomeuk's Avatar

    Post

    Depends. Probably not as I have other considerations like who would look after my family while I was in hospital etc etc. No point saving a stranger's life if my kids would starve as a result (taking the extreme view, obviously!) Also I am a bit of an anaesthetic risk myself, so I would prefer not to take that gamble, certainly while my children are still at home.

    However, if there was a way to help I would do so - esp if it turned out we shared a rare blood group or something and so potential donors were even harder to find than they usually are...But that applies with most people really, not just cos it's Darren.

    On a serious note, has anyone ever thought about going on a bone-marrow donor list? I have, but the fact it requires surgery if ever needed, plus a stay in hospital, puts me off a bit. I am also not sure if there is an upper age limit for that?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Yoda14me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2002
    Posts
    328
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm sure if was really happening he would..atleast I hope so.. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]

    I honestly don't know if he would or not...I sure hope I never need an organ, not that he would be a match anyway, but I can't say that he would do it...I'd have better luck getting one from my pups I think LOL

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Lady_Ilona's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2002
    Posts
    1,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL...wonders if my kitty would help me [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Lainbrain
    Guest Lainbrain's Avatar

    Post

    now another question if you were dead (heaven forbid) and they wanted to use your heart cornieas ect have you signed your donner card that comes with your drivers liencence? and do your family know what you would do?

    I did sign mine but my husband didn't think he would be able to give parts away. I told him he had to. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 08, 2002 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Lainbrain ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •